The mission of the Federation is to unite the entire professional medical community on the principles of self-regulation in order to improve the health care system of Ukraine.
The basis for this is personal professional experience of doctors, nurses (paramedics), pharmacists and their own assessment of the state of the health care system of Ukraine.
The Federation will provide such conditions that will be useful, effective, transparent, up-to-date and meet the professional needs of its members.
The basic criterion for the formation of the professional community of the Federation is belonging to the relevant profession: doctors, nurses (paramedics), pharmacists, according to which associations are formed, that become members of the Federation, within which they unite in the relevant chambers of the Federation.
In order to model self-regulation in the field of health care at the state level, the Federation will form such mechanisms that will be associated with professional autonomy.
Membership in the Federation is voluntary. At the same time, due to the realization of the goals and objectives of the Federation, such membership provides advantages for professional activity of the people engaged in the field of health care.
Basic principles of domestic policy of the Federation
- Formation of the ideology of uniting the entire professional medical community on the principles of self-regulation in order to improve the health care system of Ukraine.
- Responsibility to present and future generations for the level of health and preservation of the gene pool of the people of Ukraine.
- Protection of the rights and interests of medical and pharmaceutical workers, support for the development of medical education, science and medical practice.
- Promoting the authority and prestige of medical professions in Ukraine, improving the availability and quality of medical care and medical service in order to preserve and restore physiological and psychological functions, optimal performance and social activity at the maximum biologically possible individual life expectancy.
- Bringing together and further coordination of the activities of existing public professional medical associations, scientific and medical societies and associations to participate in the creation and implementation of unified standards of medical care in order to achieve high standards of medical ethics and professional competence.
- Focus on the best international experience of self-regulation in the field of health care. Upholding European standards for the establishment and functioning of professional self-governing bodies of health care representatives in Ukraine.
- Formation of relations with state authorities on the participation of the Federation in state administration and regulatory decisions in the field of health care and delegation of certain powers of the Federation, taking into account the leading international experience (accreditation, licensing, certification, etc.).